Monday, August 15, 2011

Welcome to my new blog, God's Country Home.  I have been wanting to create a blog for what seems like forever and finally decided that the time is now.  I have so much in my heart and on my mind that I want to say.  It just seems like I never have the time until I am home and alone.  Alone is not very helpful when wanting to share things with someone.  A blog offers a platform where I can finally get my thoughts and feelings out there and anyone that is interested can read.

Before I really get started, I want to establish my position.  First and foremost I am a born again Christ Follower (CF).  I know I am not perfect and I make more than my share of mistakes, but I am still a CF.  Not just in word, but in deed and with all my mind, all my heart, all my spirit, and all my might.  There is nothing in this world that means more to me than God and serving Him.  I believe that everyone that is a CF has a "calling", a job that God has for them.  Some are pastors, some are teachers, some are other things.  My calling is to serve.  I have been called to be a servant.  I am happiest when serving.  I will talk more about that in a later post.

Next, I am a husband.  My relationship with my wife is only a close second to my love for my God.  We have currently been married for 38 years, soon to be 39 years in October.  I will tell how and where we met in a later post.

Then there are my kids.  Of course they are both adults now, or at least they think they are, but they will always be our kids.  I love them in a different way of course, but at the same time, no less than my wife.   No matter how old they get, I still can't go to bed until I know they are home safe and sound.  I wonder if that will ever pass.  I'm getting older and they are staying out later.  That is a problem.  For me anyway.  I'll talk more about the kids (adults) in a later post also.

This is a start.  I am sure I will not be able to post something new everyday, but I will post as often as possible.

If you do not know Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, I invite you to talk to Him about it.  You will never regret it.  I promise.

May God bless and keep you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment